And pigs can fly!

Well, my friends. Here we are in the Happy New Year. Still with no sign of a conclusion. Still with no sign of a Pathology Report. Still with no sign that South Yorkshire Police Force has got up off its backside and started to do what we pay it for. Still with no sign of a criminal trial. Yet!

Nothing new there then.

However, there is something new. Let me introduce
Mr Stephen Davies, Head of Medicines Management, Doncaster Central Primary Care Trust, who wrote:

Dear Mrs Peters Rock,
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
Firstly I would like to express my sympathy for, not only for the death of your father but also the distress you have experienced since. It cannot have been easy, particularly when you are wrestling with the doubts expressed in your paragraph on the internet.
I would be happy to look into this for you, however as this is the first I have heard of the incident I would be grateful if you could furnish me with some further information.
who was your father's GP
your father's medical condition which led him to require a syringe drive
the nurses involved in his care (not the name but the type. i.e. a community nurse, a MacMillan nurse etc). You mention both East and Central PCTs in your paragraph. Both Trusts employ nurses with different specialities and I would need to have some idea of who to contact.
who you have already approached in the PCTs
Additionally may I have your mailing address so that I can write to you more formally to answer the questions you have raised. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully being of some assistance.
Yours sincerely
Stephen Davies Head of Medicines Management Doncaster Central PCT (tel: 01302 320111 ext 3421 fax: 01302 730362)
(Yes, it was in blue)

This was in response to my original approach to him 04th January 2004), which said:

Dear Steve Davies, My father's drugs were, so it is written in his notes, destroyed, as soon as the Nursing Sister knew he was dead. Some of these drugs had arrived with her on that visit. I am aware, as she must have been, that all drugs used on a patient, have to be kept for 7 days in case the coroner should need them. She knew that the Coroner was already involved. They were Diamorphine, Haloperidol and Midazolam.I wonder what, as Head of Prescribing, you think about it? Charlotte Peters Rock

So, I wrote back (8th January 2004) saying:

Dear Mr Davies,

Thank you for replying to my original email. Your interest is very much appreciated.

I have tried to ring you several times - and I am aware that you also tried to ring me, when I was away from the phone.

I would like to speak to you but perhaps, under the circumstances it would be better if I reply to some of the questions which you ask, or we shall be going round in circles forever.

My home address is
Charlotte Peters Rock, Holly House, Middlewich Road, Allostock, Knutsford, Cheshire. WA16 9JX
phone 0156 572 2738 - mobile 07050 183 417

1 My father's GP was Dr David J Brown of Field Road Surgery, Stainforth and Barnby Dun.

He is also still in place as Caldicott Guardian at Doncaster East Primary Care Trust, in spite of my protests that there is a severe conflict of interest, since we have been trying, for over 8 months now to gain full and accurate copies of my late father's medical records, and we are being consistently blocked. (Jayne Brown had written to me on 10th June 2004 stating that I had a valid ground for an application for release of the records. And it was following that letter that she and Simon Morritt and Liz Hedge, released the highly inaccurate records which I now hold. Presumably it was with the involvement of Dr David J Brown, as a GP, GP Representative and Caldicott Guardian on Doncaster East Primary Care Trust, that these illegally inaccurate records were released?).

It is claimed that Dr Brown was not in his surgery during the 6 days when my father was 'being helped to die'. He was certainly in his surgery on 22nd April, signing prescriptions. It says so in the medical notes.

The general overseeing of the appalling treatment of my father, at Grange Farm, was undertaken by Dr Rachel S Sykes, of the same surgery, though overall, he was Dr Brown's patient. And it was Doctor Brown who, even one month (letter 28th May 2004, attached), after my father died, wrote a letter to the solicitor who held his tragic and hilarious 'will', (on which there had been a caveat in place for over a month), claiming that he had seen him for problems relating to his chest and epigastric pain,

'which was found to be due to cancer growing around his lower oesophagus and stomach.'

To this date, it has still not been 'found to be due to' anything, since the Pathology Report is still not in, and the Endoscopy Results from Doncaster Royal Infirmary showed no evidence of any malignancy or growth.

2 Once I had managed to gain (much altered and inaccurate), copies of the last month of my father's treatment, I found out a great deal more about what had been happening to my father, before and during the last 6 days of his life, which backed up what my sister and I already thought..

The two syringe drivers were prescribed by Dr Kevin Lee of Danum Doctors, on the 18th April. Dr Lee, in a letter, of which I have a copy, states that he never saw the patient. (see Dr Lee's letter, 18th May 2004, attached as two jpgs)

The first syringe driver, containing Diamorphine, was put in place, in my fathers right thigh, against his wishes, on Sunday afternoon, 18th April. He had already been on morphine-by-mouth, (Oramorph), prescribed by Dr David J Brown, (in spite of insisting that he was not in pain), every 4 hours since the 14th April, so he could not protest too much because he was 'flying above us' on morphine.

We - my sister and I - had been told that he was dying - and that he didn't want to speak about it.So we assumed that that was true. This assumption has troubled both of us a great deal ever since he died. But you can't bring somebody back from the dead.

The second syringe driver, containing Haloperidol and Midazolam, was put into his left thigh on Monday afternoon 19th April, whilst neither my sister nor I was on the premises. We hadn't been told that this was to happen, though Nina Clayton had it booked the night before (at around 23.15)

3 Re: his medical condition: As we have found out since his death, my father's medical condition, has been interesting, to say the least. On 9th March 2004, his second 'wife', Nina Clayton rang my sister to say father was dying. This was the day before (as we have found out since), he went for a second investigation, on 10th March, 2004, at Doncaster Royal Infirmary. This was an endoscopy at which '9 pale tissue fragments' were taken from the junction of the oesophagus/stomach. The result of this investigation came back, certainly by 22nd April - the day before my father finally died. (see attachment 22Apr2004fromDRI etc.)

As you can see it states that there was no 'growth', no malignancy and that a fungal stain was negative.

My father had had recent chemotherapy for his longstanding Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia, prescribed by his specialist, Dr Majumdar, at Doncaster Royal Infirmary. This began on the 5th April and ran for 5 days (so until the 10th or the 11th April?)

He was put on Oramorph by Dr Brown by the 14th April.. for some reason

When my sister and I arrived at his home, having been told that he was dying, on the morning of the 18th April, He was unnaturally calm. This continued all that day, until well after the first syringe driver was put into his leg. He objected to that. Otherwise he seemed to be reflective. Of course neither my sister nor I knew at that time, about the morphine which he had already been on for 4 days.

He did have trapped wind. It was giving him pain. However, when he belched, his muscles relaxed immediately and he looked comfortable again.

(What we didn't know until later, when we read the notes of Dr Kevin Lee, was that, out of the hearing of my sister, who was with father at the time, Nina Clayton rang Dr Kevin Lee of Danum Doctors (the On-call doctor service) - at 6.15am on Sunday, 18th April 2004, telling him, amongst other things that my father had heart failure.
(See attached Dr Lee's ADASTRA 'Delivery Note' for his first Consultation - though I don't have a 'Delivery Note' for his second Consultation later the same day)
Below that it says: diagnosis entered:

To begin with he was mobile and had not stopped eating at this point. He certainly was not 'terminally agitated'. He was unnaturally calm.. and remained so during the whole day and the following night. I know this because I was there, from 9.30am on Sunday morning until 9.30am on Monday morning, when I had to leave to collect some clothes from home. The only agitation which he showed was in respect of the insertion of a needle into his right thigh, which he did not want, but it seems could not prevent. He certainly spent some time, ineffectually trying to pull it out. We did not know enough at the time to help him. About this, both my sister and I feel shocked.

During the whole of Sunday and part of Monday, my father was able to get out of bed and stand up on his own. He could walk across the room steadily, and refused offers of help. He could sit, steadily, onto quite a low, soft armchair and get up again, with no help. He did this several times, when I was with him. He was doing it to shift the trapped wind.. and it worked well. I asked nurses and the doctor, what he was being given to help him, so that the wind did not build up and so that it could be dispersed. Neither nurses nor doctor gave him any help. My sister and I rubbed his back and this helped. He was able to speak lucidly, if slowly (due to the morphine?) and could recognise everybody who came into the room.

He was able to eat, which he did with evident relish, when easy food was presented to him by my sister. He ate melon. With no teeth in, he had no difficulty in swallowing it. He was able to drink both through a straw and from a glass, with no difficulty. He swallowed tablets with no difficulty.

I should make the point here that my father, during all the time when he was not unconscious, and thereafter, was not at any time trying to be sick, nor was he sick.

Nina Clayton, who was rarely in the room where my father was dying, rushed in each time the nurses or doctor arrived. She then followed the nurses and Dr Sykes round the rooms, each time they came, saying that he was:
a in dreadful pain - which was not true
b being dreadfully sick - which was not true
c was sicking up blood - which was not true
Her daughter, Rosemary Cheesman, who lived next door, was repeating this.

This was still happening even after he was fully unconscious. Each time, I told them, quietly and then more strongly that it was not true, but none of them would listen. It was like being inside a nightmare.

Of course you will realise that someone who is recovering from chemotherapy - and I understand that Fludarabine takes at least 4 weeks to recover from - would not be expected to eat well. It affects the senses of taste and smell and generally works to put the patient off his food. Lack of food and exercise allows the build up of trapped wind. Its hardly rocket science.

4 The nurses involved in my father's 'care' were from
a The District Nursing Service,
b The Evening Nursing Service,
c The Twilight Nursing Service,
d The Hospice-at-Home Nursing Service.

5 You ask who have I approached in the PCTs?
Jayne Brown
Simon Morritt
Liz Hedge
Christine Boswell
All other Directors of Doncaster Central PCT
All other Directors of Doncaster East PCT
at various times

Liz Hedge, Jayne Brown and Simon Morritt decided, after much umming and aaing that I was entitled to a copy of my father's medical records. When I went, with my sister and brother, to collect the records, they were being looked at and shuffled hastily into an envelope, by Simon Morritt and Jayne Brown. I know this to be against the Access to Health Records Act 1990, since only those who need to know are entitled to look at a patients records, and only then in order to decide whether they will be released. As far as I am aware only Liz Hedge, as Complaints Manager, was allowed to do this.

They were presented in such a mixed up fashion that it took me an entire weekend to get them into any sort of order.. and then for weeks, I reshuffled them regularly. There was such a complexity of people involved that it was difficult for a lay person to understand.. particularly since they had been altered and some were missing.

Then I started to realise, rather better, what had happened to my father, and that my certainty that he had been 'helped to die' when he was not dying, was correct.

Also I realised, though this took several weeks, what was wrong with the files which I had been given. Remember, I am not medically trained, so this was difficult to work out, partly because of the complex number of 'services' involved, and partly because to this day, I have been refused information on those services - or any adequate explanation of the medical notes - which I know, under the Access to Health Records Act 1990, I am legally entitled to.

It was immediately apparent that the Clinical Notes File had been extensively altered, from the time when my sister and I, with little else to do,except sit, had read it and re-read it over 6 long days and nights, in an effort to find out why our father was being 'helped to die', since nobody had seemed either willing or able to tell us.

Also two drugs forms, for Haloperidol and Midazolam, were missing altogether from the file. It was obvious that these two forms should have been there because the form for Diamorphine was there.. and both Haloperidol and Midazolam are mentioned in the rest of the file.

Curiously enough when my sister, having been out of the room for a short time, had reached beneath the sheet to hold father's hand (to check how he was, after he had been rendered quite unconscious), one of the syringe-driver needles stuck into her hand. In spite of the fact that the syringe-driver needles were strapped to his legs very firmly, (with a material which looks like cling film), this needle is supposed to have 'inadvertently' come off his leg and 'leaked fluid into the sheets'. Anything less unlikely, it would be difficult to conceive.

Interestingly enough this needle, 'leaking fluid into the sheets' was the one used for Haloperidol and Midazolam - for which the two forms were missing, from the file I was given.

This was the second time that there had been ' an unfortunate leakage'. The first time was when he still had only one syringe-driver, delivering Diamorphine. That time it was 'a malfunction of the syringe-driver, with a leakage into the bedsheets'. Again this happened when we were both out of the room. No-one seemed very concerned about it.

On Thursday 22nd April, when my father was close to death, and my sister and I, having protested to Doncaster East Primary Care Trust, (to Dr Tony Baxter), and been sent straight back to the GP Surgery which we were complaining about, we were so exhausted that we went home to her house, to try to sleep properly, for the first time since Saturday.

I was loathe to go, but my sister was utterly exhausted; and I did not see that I could do any good in remaining, without another witness to what was happening. I felt that I had done all I could. I was also exhausted.

(My father was by this time getting obviously beyond help. I had asked to have him moved to hospital. This was refused. But it was becoming obvious, by then, that his body would have received severe damage from the dehydration and drugs, and I thought that he would be beyond recovery).

My father had been given no line for either food or fluid, so once he was incapable of taking it by mouth, because of the mainlining with drugs, he was left, through the April heatwave, to die of dehydration - amongst other things.

When I had pointed this out, both the hospice nurse, Lorna Clarke, and Dr Rachel Sykes agreed with me, that he was probably dying of dehydration and broncho-pneumonia, rather than what Dr Sykes then said he was initially dying of, which she said was oesophageal/stomach cancer.

Following this, when my sister and I arrived back at Grange Farm at 11am on Friday 23rd April, there was a squad of three or four nurses and two doctors in the room, they were there until 1pm. My sister was assaulted by Nina Clayton and pushed from the room. (My sister had nursed father for 5 days, with no help from Nina Clayton, who had been busy throwing away his things and getting the pony shod (on Tuesday), for the funeral of a man who did not die until Friday.

Dr Gill Harding, from St John's Hospice, whom I had never met, but who had - in theory at least - come in response to my concerns of the previous day, came towards me in a menacing manner, and insisted that I leave the room as well. I asked her who she was, introduced myself and left the room. There were two other people in the room, one of whom hardly knew my father, and the other was totally unrelated to him. Later we found out that most of the nurses and doctors had been there from at least 10am.

We do not know what they were doing to my father, over that 3 hour period. But I certainly have my suspicions. It will be interesting to see what the post mortem result is.. and to see whether - after all this time - we need to call for another one. My father was certainly severely dehydrated. He was awash with drugs by then. Was he also 'washed out' by the nursing staff - and rehydrated?

By the time my father died, just after 3pm, I had called the police out because things had become so dreadful at Grange Farm. The harassment, by Nina Clayton was becoming beyond bearing. My sister needed to be with her father, to whom she was close, so that he would not die amongst strangers and ill-wishers.

The police were insisting that I leave the premises, when my father finally died. Before I left, I drew their attention to the Clinical Notes File, particularly the page of notes which I had written in the relatives page. I expressed my concern that the Clinical Notes File would either vanish or be altered, and asked them to take charge of it. This request was made in front of witnesses.

They later allowed Sister Julie Marshall, the District Nurse, who arrived just after my sister and I left, to take the file away.

The copy which I was finally given, by Simon Morritt, Jayne Brown and Liz Hedge, had been extensively altered. It had had forms added, and forms abstracted, and the nurses' written notes were very much altered from what I - and my sister - had previously read.

Because I have pointed this out, I have been vilified and have had my own web site taken off the internet, by Doncaster East and Doncaster Central Primary Care Trusts, who, it seems are prepared to use health care money to pay solicitors, (Beechcroft Wandsbroughs of Leeds), to threaten both me and the server which held my personal web site, by using half-truths at best.

They have stonewalled ever since, rather than face the fact that their system is unsafe for the patients which they, in theory, serve. I have pointed out time and time again that there is 'public interest' in this, in that other people could be killed as my father was. So far, no one seems to be listening. Are you?

And District Nurse, Sister Julie Marshall, who is fully aware that she should hold drugs for 7 days when an elderly (or any) person dies, in case the Coroner should need them, made notes that she destroyed my father's drugs, even before his body was cold; even destroying drugs which she had brought with her on that occasion.. or so she wrote. (See part of Clinical Notes File attached - you will notice that it is parts of two pages, held together with a paperclip).

I find this very hard to believe. Especially in view of the police comment that it is not the job of the police to oversee the destruction of drugs under such circumstances. What really happened to the drugs, I wonder?

I know that this woman currently works in a private Nursing Home for the elderly.

I later had confirmed in writing, by South Yorkshire Police, that Sister Julie Marshall had taken the Clinical Notes File back to her office. They also confirmed that when, 4 days later, they collected the file, they had issued 24 hours warning, of when they would pick it up.

There is much more than this, but I do not like to frighten people with complexity, so I will stop at this point.

You said, in your email, that you would be happy to look into this for me?

Do you still feel that you would be happy to do this?

Because my sister and I certainly need some help from somewhere. Our father was unlawfully killed in front of us. It took 6 days - that we saw. We had arrived at Grange Farm, having been told that he was dying. We did not expect that we would witness him being put down. But over the 6 days, it gradually became obvious that that was what was happening. Even without the large amount of background which my sister and I have managed to gather since his death, it was still finally, obvious, at that time. But no-one would listen. Dr Gill Harding of St John's Hospice even told me to be quiet until after my father was dead,

because I was upsetting the relatives.

And I was trying to save my father's life because, even if he is finally, found to have been dying of cancer, he still had the right to live, until it was his time to die. He was not asking to die. He was still looking forward.

Even South Yorkshire Police are sitting on the evidence which we have put in. And this evidence is documentary - and considerable.

My brother is of the opinion that you have been 'put up' to reply, to see what I would say; so that later I can be taken to Court by the Primary Care Trusts.

If that is the case, then you won't look into it. However, I look for the good in people, as I have all the way through this fiasco. Perhaps there is one person in the whole of the two Primary Care Trusts, who is willing to care for vulnerable patients and to be totally professional?

If you are willing to look into this, there is a lot more information which I would be more than happy to show you, should you need it. If you want a copy of the Clinical Notes File probably Liz Hedge would be the best person to point you in the direction of where it is? In spite of being Complaints Manager, she was 'cut out of the loop', by the two Chief Executives, some time ago. Until that time, she had been quite reasonable to deal with.

Otherwise, I can supply a copy of the inaccurate Documents which I was given, if that would be of help?

Yours sincerely,

Charlotte Peters Rock
6 attachments

His reply which came today (11th January, 2005), arrived this morning. It was no great surprise. It said:

Dear Mrs Peters Rock,
I have forwarded your email to the Chief Executive of Doncaster East PCT as I understand that the PCT has already been in correspondence with you about the matters you raise. It would therefore be inappropriate for me to respond.

Yours sincerely,

Stephen Davies
Head of Medicines Management

So, no professionals there then! Just, it seems, time servers. Still, he seems to be a good match for the rest of the people at Doncaster East and Doncaster Central Primary Care Trust (ah, how 'Care Trust' grates), we have spoken to.

Watch out, people of Doncaster. If someone offers you sweeties, try not to accept. There are some people who claim to be professionals.. and who plainly are not.

I wonder what you pay for a Head of Medicines Management? Does it come up to the £100,000 mark?.. or less? .. or more?

Whatever! It does not seem that anyone,... not even the Head of Medicines Management, wishes to ensure that drugs are not misapproapriated.. and possibly handed round as sweeties.

Of course, I could be wrong. Even as I write, Mr Stephen Davies, Head of Medicines Management could be Managing the Medicines to everyone's advantage..

Was that a pig I saw flying past?

My father, Ralph Winstanley's second 'wife', Nina Clayton, said he was 'sicking up blood' and in dreadful pain. She seems still to be on the loose, so far. Even her 'lovely' daughter, who was not my father's relation - in any way - is still selling nice new houses. Her husband, Frazer Cheesman, is still doing something or other, with my brother's grass machinery equipment, as is her grand-son, so I'm told. Of course, this information could also be wrong. Is it?

I am still not Ralph Winstanley.
He is still frozen at the Medico Legal Centre in Sheffield.

I am
Charlotte Peters Rock
(Ralph Winstanley's elder daughter)
return to: http://ralphwinstanleyofwath.blogspot.com
or go to : http://ralphwinstanley.blogspot.com
or go to: http://winstanleyr.blogspot.com
or go to: http://rwinstanley.blogspot.com
or go to: http://ralphwinstanley83.blogspot.com
or my own site:

No comments:

Protest songs and poems - coming shortly

  • A Full Index
  • Abide With Me (mine)
  • Dead An Buried? Ardly!
  • Director of Public Health - Dr Tony Baxter
  • If - (not by Rudyard Kipling)
  • Jayne Brown - The Cover-Up Woman
  • Practice - Field Road Made
  • Quack Quack Dr Lee
  • St John's Hospice - My Father Was Not Dying
  • Thanksgivin? Thanksgivin? Ah'll be Waitin On
  • The NHS/PCT Thinks You Should Go
  • The Palliative Gillian
  • The Power behind the Patient Dr Brown

Who was Ralph Winstanley?

My photo
sister sites: 1.http://rwinstanley.blogspot.com 2.http://ralphwinstanley.blogspot.com 3.http://ralphwinstanley83.blogspot.com 4.http://winstanleyr.blogspot.com 5.http://ralphwinstanleyofwath.blogspot.com